St John’s Holiday Cottage sleeps up to 12 guests (in four bedrooms) 4 additional guests can sleep on two sofa beds. One of the rooms is completely private when the door is closed sleeping up to 16 guests.
Bedrooms are spacious and furnished in contemporary country style. All mattresses and bed linen are of excellent quality and are complimented by vintage inspired bed spreads and scatter cushions.
Master bedroom with double bed and 2 single beds, fitted wardrobes and painted floorboards.
Second bedroom / Family Room
Good size bedroom with one king size bed and two single beds, wardrobe, vanity unit, painted floorboards.
Small downstairs single bedroom
Single bedroom with single bed and solid oak flooring.
Garden room / Bedroom 4
The garden room – is just seconds from the main cottage and is perfect for accompanying grannies, teenagers or couples just wanting a bit more privacy. The garden room has a small double bed plus single bed. Complete with ensuite wet room. Suitable for a guest with limited movement.
Spacious living room with 1 large sofa, 1 small sofa, winged back chair, 1 comfy arm chair, rocking chair and large inglenook fireplace with open log fire and original bread oven. Solid oak flooring, original beamed ceiling and window seats. With one double sofa bed. Private once the door is closed.
Second sitting room
Second sitting room with double sofa bed, feature beamed ceiling, solid oak floor and window seats. Internet connection and sound system.
Large shaker style country kitchen with hand built units, Belfast sink and solid wood surface. Double range cooker integrated fridge/freezer/dishwasher. Solid pine table that seats 16 people. Free standing Smeg Fridge and small drinks fridge.
Bathroom with large Victorian roll top style bath / paneling and electric shower.
Directly outside kitchen is a toilet with sink and washing machine.
There is a lovely secluded patio with York stone flooring and stone wall complete with table chairs, barbecue and lighting. The patio overlooks the pretty private gardens with apple trees and ancient fresh water pump. Different seating area within garden.
Facilities at St Johns Retreat include:
- Luxuries: log fire, DVD player, broadband internet connection.
- General: central heating, TV in lounge, kitchen.
- Standard: kettle, toaster, iron, hairdryer.
- Utilities: dishwasher, washing machine, cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer.
- Rooms: 3 double bedrooms, 1 downstairs single.
- Furniture: sofa beds (2), double bed(3), single beds (6), zbed (1), cot (1), dining seating (16), sleeps maximum (14).
- Other: Bed linen provided. Guests to bring their own towels.
- Outdoors: patio , BBQ, Table and chairs
- Off road for a maximum of five cars
For Babies and Toddlers:
- Travel cot
- Changing mat
- high chair
- Selection of toys and books
- Books & games